10 Signs Your Dog May Need a Change in Their Food
As a dog owner, it's important to pay attention to your pet's behaviour and health to ensure they're getting the proper nutrition.
Here are 10 signs that your dog may need a change in their food:
- Skin and coat problems: Dull and dry coat, itchy skin, and excessive shedding can indicate a diet lacking in essential fatty acids.
- Stomach issues: Gas, bloating, diarrhoea, and vomiting may be signs of food intolerance or an inappropriate diet.
- Weight changes: Rapid weight loss or gain can indicate a need for a diet with different calorie levels.
- Lack of energy: If your dog seems lethargic or lacks energy, it may be due to a diet lacking in essential nutrients.
- Allergies: Sneezing, runny nose, and itchy eyes can be signs of food allergies, which may require a change in diet.
- Poor dental health: Tartar buildup, bad breath, and loose or missing teeth can be linked to a diet lacking in calcium and phosphorus.
- Joint problems: Arthritis, stiffness, and limping can be related to a diet low in joint-supporting nutrients.
- Urinary tract issues: Struggling to urinate, frequent trips outside to urinate, and cloudy or strong-smelling urine can indicate dietary problems.
- Behavioural changes: Aggression, anxiety, and restlessness can sometimes be linked to dietary issues.
- Picky eating: If your dog consistently turns their nose up at their food, it may be time to switch to a new brand or type of food.